Monday, October 29, 2012

Zits and Hairballs

I've spent the day using Photoshop.  I like using Photoshop.  You can blend away blemishes, a person you don't like, or even an errant finger in the corner of a picture.  If you get going, it can look more like a painting than a photo. 

Mike said I shouldn't add any zits to anyone's faces.  Bummer.  That would have been fun, just to add a couple of red dots and some shine on a forehead.  I'd only do it to the bitchy ones.  I actually think I could have carried that off.  What I learned was that if you zoom in closely enough, you have control of each pixel.  That was so cool. 

Just watch the red-eye reduction feature, though.  In one shot, the guy's eyes were at an angle and the red-eye feature changed red from his lips into dark grey!  Then, I got to playing with that little bucket toy, where you can pour paint into an area.  That went totally wonky.  I lost nearly half a woman's face to that because it was in shadow and happened to be the same value as what I intended to change.  Value is a funny thing, isn't it.  You can put a hue next to two very different values and make it look totally different.  It's the difference in value of the neighboring colors that counts. 

Blah, blah, blah.

I think my cat just threw up.  I have to go now.  I'm busy cleaning up hairballs and adding zits to shiny faces in Photoshop.

Thank you for listening, jules

 

No comments:

Post a Comment