Friday, August 1, 2014

My New Duct Tape Toilet Seat

Oh no! I haven't been here in a while. Did you think I'd abandoned you? Were you pissed off, crabby, cantankerous?

Good.

I've been pissed off quite a bit today too. My new wood laminate floors are buckling. It sucks. There's one spot where I can feel about a 3/4 inch drop when I step on it. Another place moves a bench whenever I go by. I wonder how long it will take to break the boards, with them popping up and down like that? I don't imagine it will take long. I called the flooring people to have them come fix it and they said they would with no problems and they'd call me back to schedule the 'repair.' I wanted to tell the guy that it isn't a repair, that they installed it wrong or it wouldn't be buckling after just a month of use, but I kept my mouth shut. I did. I promise. Not even a little bit of sarcasm leaked out of me during that conversation.

They haven't called back.

That pisses me off. Tomorrow, I won't mind if some of my sarcasm leaks out. If they give me any grief, I swear, I'll tell you who they are so you'll know too.

Plus, I got mad in the bathroom today. Two weeks ago, my husband put a new toilet seat onto the toilet. I loved it. It looked nice. In other words, it didn't have any places on it that always looked dirty even after it was just cleaned.

I was just sitting there, minding my own business, when I heard a slight pop.

Really? Really?

My toilet seat just broke. I swear I wasn't doing anything strange to it. It's not like I was standing on it or anything. I hadn't banged it.

Plus, it's not like I'm huge or anything. It's not much, but I'm the smallest person in the house.

That toilet seat should not have broken!

It's made by Bemis. Do you think they decided to stop making toilet seats that lasted a lifetime and start making ones that lasted two weeks and we wouldn't notice? Did they think we'd blithely go to Home Depot every two weeks and buy another one just like it for our toilets?

The worst of it is that it pinched my leg every time I tried to use it. Duct tape helped, but it isn't pretty any more. Not unless you're one of those duct-tape-solves-everything kind of people. No, I'm not going to buy a duct tape wallet or hat. Just no.

And by the way, Sixt still hasn't agreed that $185/day is a ripoff and refunded my money. I asked the customer service woman if she'd pay that much and her answer? "Of course not."

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment