Tuesday, August 28, 2012

In the Middle of the Night

Can you believe that my son's bus is going to swing by our house tomorrow morning at 6:20 am?  It's an ungodly hour.  That means that Jack is going to have to get up, if he wants to ride the bus, at 5:30 which pushes my hour of arrival into the day to 5:10. 

Well crap.  Don't you people know that when they become teenagers, they need more sleep and naturally stay up later?  I get it that you have to share the buses with the elementary school, but set them to it early and let the hormonal ones sleep until eight.  It sucks.  The school district always uses that excuse that school gets out early because of sports.  Well, when I went to school, we had sports that started at 4:00 when school got out and we survived.

Oh, I just realized that I'm going to have to be doing this for almost the next seven years.  I'm definitely going to let Jack drive to school when he gets his license.  That'll be almost an hour more of sleep every day.  I'll go for that.  But I have to wait four years until he's sixteen!!!

So tomorrow, I'm going to be up and at 'em.  He has to ride the bus to get that established as a possibility.  Otherwise, the bus will blow by him on the mornings he needs it.  Will I even be able to make a sandwich at 5:30 in the morning? 

We'll find out then.

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment