Sunday, July 22, 2012

Eating Among Aliens

Well shit. It's six in the morning and I could have slept three more hours. Maybe I should go out and get myself some decent food. I'll need it.

I'm visiting relatives. I can't believe how hard it's been to try to eat. I have to eat a lot of leaves to get by, you know, the volume. Greens, lettuce, vegetables.

I might as well say I'm diabetic for all I can't eat. I just can't eat many carbs. That's rice, bread, pasta, grains, sugar, sugar, or sugar. What they call it is insulin resistance. If I didn't eat this way, I would be diabetic.

I've been kind of a shit about it, but it's been hard to get enough to eat. Apple pie, pineapple upside down cake, Cool-whip and jello salad. These are the staples! Not to mention that the salad they handed me yesterday was almost completely wilted. It had that sour smell, and when I tried to wash it, the slime didn't want to come off. Oh no, I was not going to eat that salad. It was spoiled. You think?

I tried to make myself eat it. I really did. I put some slimy turkey on it. I brought a fork. I just couldn't make myself do it. I stuck my fork into it. I brought it with me when we got into the car. I surreptitiously put the whole bowl on the floor by my feet and slid it under the seat. Maybe I am spoiled. You think?

Maybe I should have shouted, "I can't eat this shit!"

I don't know what I'm going to eat today. I just don't. I'm already feeling crabby about it. They don't seem to understand that if I don't eat, it's dangerous for me to drive. I'm supposed to drive today too. I can just see me sitting patiently waiting at some green light, not really knowing where I am. Yup, it could happen. It really could.

If you're driving around anywhere in Southern Indiana today, maybe you should watch out for that.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment