Saturday, February 18, 2017

An EPA Leader Who Would Grind it Away

I have to admit that I'm compelled to watch the news the same way I did when the Twin Towers were aircraft-bombed and Hurricane Katrina decimated New Orleans. I feel breathless the way I did then. Every day, one part of the news collapses democracy onto the next.

Today, ignoring the judge in Oklahoma who ordered that Scott Pruitt hand over thousands of email exchanges with oil and gas companies, the Senate proceeded with the confirmation, never pausing to look at the facts. Democrats did their best to filibuster, but they just didn't have the votes in the end to stop the confirmation.

Let's stop and look at that for a moment. Thousands of emails were at issue, could apply directly to answer the question about Pruitt's suitability to run the EPA or run it into the ground. And Republicans ignored it as if it weren't an issue. I wonder what Hillary Clinton would say about the hypocrisy there. Okay, I'll say it for her. It's criminal. Lock him up.

Okay, I don't know if the emails would put Pruitt into the criminal zone, but we heard it so many times slated against Secretary. Clinton even though she was exonerated by the FBI well before the election.

It's both ironic and hypocritical.

According to the LA Times, Scott Pruitt sued the EPA fourteen times in defense of fossil fuels corporations. He's all about oil and gas. And that connects with the Environmental Protection Agency, how? According to the Senate, this is the man best suited to lead and defend the EPA?

I'm surprised I'm not grinding my teeth.

Thank you for listening, jules



No comments:

Post a Comment