Thursday, February 16, 2017

Full of Holes

If I were to read the news for five minutes, I'm sure I'd find something to complain about. Russian interference in our election? Trump making a profit by forcing Secret Service to stay in Trump hotels? The administration advertising Trump businesses while being covered for Oval Office news? Congressmen who have slammed their doors on constituents and complain publicly about it?

Congressmen are putting locks and back doors on their offices to avoid angry constituents. 

Lately, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and MSNBC have been doing my work for me. They're finding facts faster than they can be reported. We needed someone  like these journalists to call foul when the Trump administration kept saying that we shouldn't complain about what was happening in the White House, that it was damaging democracy. What the hell? Free speech and government transparency are an integral part of democracy. Demanding accountability is a huge part of democracy. I'm not the only one who doesn't trust the Trump administration.

The people who leaked information about the conversations of Russian operatives with Mike Flynn before the election are my heroes. Absolutely fucking courageous, death-defying government heroes.

You know who you are. Thank you.

Here's a question for you: Why does a nominee for Supreme Court need to advertise on television?

I've been watching the Rachel Maddow show almost every night. I love that she's reporting on the very occurrences that make my skin crawl with regard to the state of democracy in the United States. There's so much happening, every single night.

But Neil Gorsuch has an ad during Rachel Maddow's show. I read that it was funded by the National Republican Senatorial Committee. 

What the hell is that? Why run an ad for a Supreme Court nominee? The ad says he's a bipartisan judge but he's not.

Every word of it goes against Gorsuch's actual judicial rulings. According to The Washington Post, he is more conservative than anyone currently on the Supreme Court.

So why run an ad?

Rachel, you need to put an end to that crap. I know you wouldn't endorse an advertisement that's full of holes.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment