Monday, October 7, 2013

Petty Partisan Politics

What has happened to our government?

It's shut down, over petty partisan politics.

That pisses me off!

On April 15, will I be allowed to shut down my household until I have approved my budget? Will I be allowed to suspend payment of my taxes until such date as I've decided to drop my arguments against the opposition? Will I be allowed to sit on that cash until things are run my way?

I think not!

The government, the one that has closed its doors, will make sure of that. Heavy penalties would be assigned. So what the hell are they doing with my money right now? All you people out there who live in the United States should think about that. They're wasting our money with this stupid ploy.

Here's a question - are they going to get paid for this time they're wasting? Are they?

Now, be honest, don't you think the Republicans are taking it too far with this? Head Start kids can't have breakfast. Meals on Wheels funding is suspended. There are people out there who aren't eating! Is this really what the Tea Party wants, to starve Grandma and little Susie until they aren't a problem any more?

Now, you could say that National Parks aren't essential, but do we really want to close down Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, the Statue of fucking Liberty? There's a metaphor for you. 'I'm sorry. We've shut down liberty until we can repeal these laws that we passed.'

When I asked a friend of mine what she thought, she said, "It's bullying, plain and simple. We don't allow this kind of thing to go on in the schools, but the example we adults provide is right there in our own government. The Republicans are bullying our President."

Wow!

Not to mention the entire country. I happen to be eating during this shut down, but I don't condone letting poor people starve. The Republicans don't like the laws that were passed? Then they should use the legal system the way it was designed, to repeal them.

I loved the quote by Jimmy Carter asking 'how is it family values to let people go hungry?" I tried to find it on the Internet, but I couldn't. Bummer. I hope you've seen it.

So, is this really about getting the insurance system under control or is this about hazing a black President?

I think my friend is right. We have some bullies in Congress and we need to send them a message to stop. How do we do that, furlough their salaries? Oh, right. We don't have any control over that. They have control of their own salaries. Funny.

If people from another country were in Congress, holding our government hostage, we'd send in the troops. When is it time to send in the troops?

As it is, we have to wait until November and try to vote them out of office. It's frustrating, but that's the only control we have, our votes. I tell you, if I could, I'd vote them into the very Head Start and Meals on Wheels programs they have suspended. Until those people eat, they should not eat either, not one bite.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment