Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Uncontrolled Growths

I'm tired and cold.  That's what I get for staying up to almost midnight when I've been getting up before dawn every day.  The other morning after I woke him up, my son asked why he was eating breakfast in the middle of the night.  It's because his damn bus comes at 6:20 in the morning. It stinks.

Tomorrow, I have to go and get part of my forehead cut of in an attempt to keep skin cancer at bay.  I wonder what I'd end up looking like if I didn't?  Would I have a great red glob of skin hanging from my forehead?  My son had a hamster once who got cancer and died because she couldn't carry it around any more.  It actually grew almost half her size.  That was hard to watch.  Actually, it was hard to know that Jack could see that happening.  It really was like a bad horror movie at the end. 

My family is talking about getting a kitten.  No!  Not a kitten!  Kittens are like babies.  I will lose sleep if we get a kitten!  We'll all lose sleep.  Here's the truth of it besides the fact that Jack's wanted a kitten since our other cat grew up - our other cat needs the company.

Can't we just go out and get a middle aged cat from the shelter that will lie around the house all day?  Wouldn't that be better for the world than bringing home a kitten?  It would be more likely to save a life.  Think about it.  Kittens get adopted.  Middle aged cats that sleep a lot don't. 

I really want another middle aged cat not a bouncy baby cat.  I want to skip getting my skin cut off, though I don't want a great glob of red flesh hanging from my forehead.  I want to sleep in tomorrow morning.  Yup, I really do.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment