Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Petty Partisan Politics

I received an email from Paul Ryan that was a load of crap about the Affordable Care Act. Not a thing was presented about how he would fix it, just a call to repeal it.

So, I sent him a reply:

Dear Mr. Ryan,

As you no doubt have heard, repealing the Affordable Care Act without having a reasonable replacement for it would be a colossal mistake that would cost many American lives. It would also cost more more than I, as a taxpayer, expect to pay. Though the Affordable Care Act still has some wrinkles, it is your job to improve it, not just repeal it over petty partisan politics.

Get your act together and work to run this country instead of running it into the ground!


***

Will I receive another email full of propaganda? Probably. We can go back and forth on this all day, but ultimately, they're trying to sell me something I won't buy. My guess is that they're going to jam this down our throats whether we want it or not.
 
Remember when Republican obstructionism halted the government budget until we, the people, started complaining that they needed to do their jobs?
 
Why not send Paul Ryan your own email about the Affordable Care Act at speaker@mail.house.gov? Maybe you'll get a different response than I did. I'd really like to hear something real, not all the propaganda.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment