Friday, May 10, 2013

Truly Ugly

I'm pissed about this Abercrombie & Fitch thing. Have you heard about it? The CEO says that he hates fat people. Have you seen any photos of Mike Jeffries? Kind of dog-looking, don't you think? Yet he hates fat people. Well, I hate bigoted people.

I really hate bigoted people.

This guy doesn't want anyone to wear A & F crap unless they're 'beautiful, thin, and cool.' I'd like to go stand in the front of their store, mucking it up with my cellulite legs, with my thinning hair, my age spots and wrinkles and bad attitude, and complain about how bad A & F clothes look when I hold them up to my body. Maybe I should stand near the window, as if I'm a mannequin. What if a dozen people did that? What if a thousand of us real people walked into one of their stores, with no intention of buying any of that crap, but just stood there looking human, big, pimpled, frizzy, and lumpy in their display windows. What if we all took pictures of ourselves holding those crappy clothes to our bodies and put it on Facebook as if the only ones who ever shopped there were imperfect? Oh my God, imperfect!

What if I went in and asked a sales guy if he thought this crappy outfit made my butt look big?

I'm not sure I could make myself do that. It would be too insulting to me. It turns out that I'm too cute to shop at Abercrombie & Fitch.

In truth, I don't have to portray Abercrombie & Fitch people as ugly. Mike Jeffries is doing it himself. He has just advertised how Abercrombie & Fitch can only attract uglies, twisteds, and creeps? It's true. It comes from the top.

Yes, I can be ugly, but I'll never be as ugly as Mike Jeffries.

Thank you for listening, jules
 

No comments:

Post a Comment