Tuesday, November 8, 2016

We'll Pay the Price for This Huge Mistake

I don't care that everyone on CNN is making sounds about conciliation. This man is never going to be my president.

He is never going to represent me. He is never going to serve my country. He is absolutely the opposite of what I think a public servant should be.

What I see is a man who has built his empire on the backs of the working class. He's bankrupt corporations. He's managed to evade millions of dollars in taxes. He's made himself ridiculous by appearing on reality TV. He's refused to pay for legitimate work. He's assaulted women, insulted immigrants, and terrified people of different religions. How is that going to make America great?

I can't lose gracefully here. I don't believe a word he says about improving taxes or jobs or healthcare. I think this man is only going to make corporations more powerful. He will increase the divide between the rich and the poor. He will condone bullying, misogyny, and xenophobia.

If this were a business with a new boss, I'd be out searching for a different job. But it's not. It's my country. Where am I supposed to go?

I don't even think the people who voted for him deserve everything he will give them. Did they really think a billionaire was going to bring back their blue-collar jobs? Did they think that their Christian values would be upheld by him? Did they think they wouldn't have to pay taxes because he doesn't? Do they really believe he gives a damn about their healthcare costs?

I wish we had been talking about political positions, but instead we were running a crazy reality show. Lies, lies, and more lies were told. Didn't any of his voters care about that?

People, I agree with the Dow Jones. We are headed for some big trouble and my 'I-told-you-so' won't do a damned thing to help.

But I am going to be a sore looser anyway. I am. I'm going to grieve for my country tomorrow and the next day and the next. This stupid move is not going to work and all of us are going to pay the price for it.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment