Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Mucking Around

I have so much to complain about that I don't know where to begin. First of all, I finally got a break in my schedule and I'm not doing anything with it. Don't you hate that? I know it's okay if I watch a movie here and there, but I'm tired and I've been watching too much. Now, the TV is off, but I want to lie down and watch another one. I really do.

How are you supposed to know when it's fatigue and when it's simple procrastination?

And I need to clean my window screens. They're full of dead bugs and spider webs. There are some things about living with forest on three sides that makes life feel futile. No matter how many times I clean them off, the spiders just rebuild, as if I have just mucked out their stalls, thank you very much.

The sky is blue and I don't think we've had enough rain yet. It isn't supposed to rain until Friday and that night, I'm supposed to be going to a fundraising event that I think won't be my kind of thing. I don't know these people very well yet. I just don't. I don't feel comfortable. I want to say they aren't my kind of people, but that's not true. They're decent people who work hard and support the kids, but I feel out of my element. 

Coffee. Maybe a good cup of coffee would help. Maybe I would get to work. Maybe I would find that niche of friends within the fundraiser group. Maybe the spiders will just have to wait to have their stalls mucked out until another time.

Thank you for listening, jules

No comments:

Post a Comment